Provide a proper foundation and framework, in a supportive environment, for Royal Arch Freemasonry to prosper
Provide strong strategic leadership from Grand Chapter.
Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with Grand Lodge.
Promote a quality program of education and training.
Obtain and retain membership.
Key Objective 1 Provide Strong Strategic Leadership from Grand Chapter
- Continual reinforcement of the key strategies of S.G.R.A.C.Q. through a range of communication channels including web-site and social media, GSE communications, and modeling of best practices by Grand Chapter Officers
- Promote excellence and best practices by the selection of high caliber candidates, particularly for Grand Chapter Office
- The four Principal Officers of Grand Chapter must be highly visible in the promotion of our aims for excellence
Key Objective 2 Develop a mutually beneficial relationship with Grand Lodge
- Regular scheduled meetings of the Most Worshipful Grand Master and the Most Excellent First Grand Principal - to discuss and develop strategies for the joint promotion of both Orders
- Regular scheduled meetings of the President of Board of General Purposes and the President of Grand Committee - to discuss and develop strategies for the joint promotion of both Orders
- Pursue the promotion of Royal Arch Masonry at Craft Lodge level under guidelines agreed with Grand Lodge
- Promote the establishment of partnerships between Lodges and Chapters
Key Objective 3 Promote a quality program of education and training
i. Potential Members
- Promotion of the Royal Arch Order
- Explanation of it being the culmination of Pure Ancient Masonry, its place in the tree of Masonic knowledge, and the reasons why Craft Masons should join
ii. Existing Chapter Members
- Chapters to have education programs to expand the knowledge of the Royal Arch among their members
- Promote the taking of office in the Chapter as an integral part of the education program.
iii. Chapter Officers
- Educate Chapter Officers in the importance of delivering good ritual work
- Promote the responsibility of Chapter Officers in the mentoring of new members and introduce a program to implement this
- Provide training opportunities at Chapter and/or District level
- Promote the opportunities for Past Principals as Active Grand Chapter Officers
iv. Grand Chapter Officers
- Provide ongoing education in Active Grand Chapter Officer roles and responsibilities
- Promote the need for Grand Chapter Officers to accept, as their personal responsibility, a commitment to ceremonial proficiency
- Provide ongoing training opportunities to assist in achieving this goal, with the over-riding theme being, “Know what you are expected to do, and know how to do it.”
Key Objective 4 Obtain and Retain Members
- Enliven Craft Mason Information Session presentations
- DGE’s to encourage Chapter members to strongly promote the Royal Arch Order at their Craft lodges
- Mentor current Chapter members on how to approach possible candidates at their Craft lodges
- Articulate how the Royal Arch series of degrees further explains and expands on the Craft degrees
- Split work (long charges) such as Principal Sojourner and the Mystical Lecture in the Royal Arch or the Tracing Board in the Mark Degree
- Combined meetings at other Chapters that do not have work
- Mentoring – need for a Royal Arch Mentoring Handbook (Manual)
- Involve members in all Chapter activities – give them a reason to belong